Good afternoon, everyone!
Just wanted to take a moment to let you know about a local fundraiser here in Cheyenne that is being put together by some of Elijah and Autumn’s friends, to continue to help both families with their considerable medical bills. This one is particularly fun, because it’s something that Elijah and Autumn enjoyed doing together.
The above picture is from this past February, when E & A attended a dance here in Cheyenne that was very similar to the one their friends are putting together for them now. Here’s what you need to know:
- What: A ‘Steampunk’ themed Fundraiser Ball
- When: Friday, August 7th, from 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Where: The Cheyenne Depot Museum, 121 W. 15th Street (Capitol Ave.), Cheyenne. WY 82001
- Admission: $16 for ages 13+, $8 for ages 6-12 (cash or check accepted)
- Experience/Partner Needed: NONE. 🙂 Sharon Guli, our wonderful, charming, and experienced ‘dance caller’, breaks down all of the steps before each dance; this evening will be fun for every member of your family!
- What to Wear: Get out your Victorian-inspired Time Traveler apparel, folks, and don’t forget your gears, goggles, gadgets, and pocket watches! You can check out the following web pages — here for kids, here for ladies, and here for the gentlemen — for some pictures to guide your costume selection. Please be cautious when doing google searches. There are many strange and offensive interpretations of ‘steampunk’. All costumes at this event are required to be family friendly. (Note: if your closet is a little low on the whimsically victorian, feel free to come in something dressy instead –you must be wearing something dressy or a costume to gain admittance at the door, observers included)
- Other details you might be interested in: Light refreshments will be provided, but feel free to bring snacks to share. No alcohol permitted.
Please RSVP to Gabriel Poch at (307)772-1945, or email@example.com. Please include all names in your party. Oh, and –invite your friends!
Thanks so much for your continued prayer and support, everyone; hopefully, I’ll see you August 7th!